The Many Benefits of Prenatal Massage Therapy
Pregnancy is a beautiful experience but it can also be an uncomfortable one because of all the changes women experience in their bodies. Discomfort is a natural part of pregnancy and a prenatal massage can ease any pain while helping moms-to-be prepare for labour. This type of massage is customized to treat the specific needs of every expectant mom and is a natural healing method that can help tremendously throughout the journey of pregnancy, which can take a heavy toll on the body.
Here are just a few of the many benefits that come with a prenatal massage:
- Less stress and anxiety. The thought of a tiny human inside you and the responsibility of having to bring them into the world can be overwhelming and it’s natural to feel worried and concerned about every aspect of your future. While this is common, it can lead to high stress and increased anxiety levels and a prenatal massage can help lower your stress and eliminate negative thoughts so that you don’t spiral into depression. The massage will help you unwind and relax, so that both your body and mind are at ease.
- Reduced back pain. Pregnancy can affect both your lower back and your joints. A prenatal massage will help with your posture and provide you with more mobility and freedom, especially in the second and third trimesters when most women experience a lot of discomfort and pain in their back.
- Better circulation. Blood needs to flow smoothly through the circulatory system to help reduce swelling and a prenatal massage will help with the flow of both blood and oxygen, which is very important. The massage therapist will apply the right techniques and their experience will allow them to use their hands in a way that will stimulate lymph fluid and flush away any waste materials.
- Balanced hormone levels. Pregnant women will go through mood swings and may experience acne and these are just two of the things that are related to hormone levels, which will change drastically while you are pregnant. A prenatal massage will help regulate your hormones, so that every mom-to-be feels better and can enjoy the experience instead of dreading it.
- Increased energy. A prenatal massage will help you feel rejuvenated, healthy and happy and you won’t have to worry about feeling sleepy or tired because the massage will loosen your muscles, eliminate aches and improve circulation, all of which will provide you with a boost of energy to help you get through the day.
These are just a few of the benefits that this type of massage provides and Prairie Sage Massage in Winnipeg can offer you more detailed information and provide you with the right massage, depending on what your body is going through and your needs. Contact them today to book an appointment and you’ll notice a positive change and improvement right away!